Sunday, December 26, 2010

Blackout

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!  I worked the Thursday, Friday and Saturday and had family over this morning for my favorite breakfast casserole and a little gift opening.  I took a 4 hour nap this afternoon!  Phew!  It was much needed after working three shifts in a row, something I very rarely do because it is so tiring.  Christmas at the hospital wasn't bad.  I was happy to take care of three awesome patients and it was a relatively low stress day considering how sick people are this time of year.


This is what I wore to a Dirty Santa party a couple weeks ago.  This sheath is my go to dress when I'm feeling blah- you've seen it before.  Really the only thing I did was add in these patterned tights and coustom necklace from Target.  It reminded me a lot of J.Crews necklaces and I was happy to pick it up for a fraction of the cost at just $16.99.  How outta control is my hair?  It was tamed last week.  :)



And my favorite gift came from my sister, these pretty Kendra Scott earrings.  Can't wait to wear them!  Good job sissy!  The beaded pair behind them came from my work Secret Santa.  She also gave me a stretch headband (people at work know my love of headbands) and a warm infinity scarf.  I was able to identify my Santa immediately after opening the first weeks gift, she was the best!  And yes, my husband was smart and the bird jewelry dish was under the tree.  ;-)  



xo, ashley

6 comments:

  1. I love both of those earrings! You can never go wrong with Kendra Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirty Santa party? What's this?? As for the earrings... love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the explanation!! Now get some sleep girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the advice on the fugly shoes Ashley. We've been vacationing so I've been able to put off the inevitable for a while but soon enough I'll have to tell him they just aren't my style. I've decided to just keep the perfume I don't care for (Marc Jacob's Lola) and pretend it's the best stuff ever (I'm a total whimp). The reason it might be hard to get to my blog through your dashboard is because I changed my url on a whim without thinking it through. If you'll "add" http://elizabethscake.blogspot.com/ to your following list, it will replace the old url and you shouldn't have any more problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come over and sign up for my perfume giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Id like to take credit for the earrings but Meli picked them out for her Bobbie. Even at 19 months, her fashion sense is incredible. Im pretty sure she started a f&b blog with her new baby laptop she got for Christmas.

    Seriously, glad you like them. They will look beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete