Friday, November 12, 2010

Day-to-night cardigan

Because making that transition is just so difficult.  :)  I wore the Sam Edelman boots purchased during Nordstroms Anniversary sale for the second time.  These boots are to-die-for.  Comfort is key whenever I search for shoes, which seems to be pretty frequent.  Over the knee boots give me an insane boost of confidence, only downer is that they are very difficult to drive in.  The heel on this particular style is not overwhelmingly high, so I can wear them for a longer period of time without committing back suicide.

Cardigan - Express
Tank & skinny belt - J. Crew
Jeans - Gap
Boots - Nordstrom



After I took pictures of this outfit I decided I wasn't really interested in drawing attention to my midsection, so I took the belt off and added my favorite leopard print scarf (Tolani), a splurge from last year.  I saw this beauty on Kim Kardashian (don't judge) and searched HIGH & low for the cheapest deal, as usual.  I ended up finding it on a website where the proceeds benefited pancreatic cancer research.  I again searched high & low to share the website with you but came up empty handed.  Tolani scarfs are often seen on our favorite celebs.  While this scarf isn't as soft as a pricier cashmere it definitely keeps you warm and stylish- a common priority of us ladies during the cold weather.



This scarf is truly ridiculous, so happy I purchased!


As for last night, we had a ladies night out to see the taping of CMA's Country Christmas (airing November 29th, 9:30 pm Eastern time on ABC).  So much fun- I just love all of the country stars, so humble and seemingly grateful for the blessing that have been given to them.  I was most excited about seeing country queen Reba take the stage, such a classy, talented woman whose career is to be envied by the younger starlets.  This is what I wore:




Same Express cardigan & J.Crew skinny belt
Dress - BR sheath
Tights - Target
Shoes - Nordstrom (which I was previously drooling over but now own!) ;-)

Cydney & I at the taping (photo stolen off her facebook page) :-)

The show really put me in the Holiday spirit- Just what I needed- MORE ammunition to shop!

Also, any suggestions on how to take better photos for the blog?  I feel my outfits aren't really showing up well.  Thanks in advance!  :-)

*ashley



4 comments:

  1. Such cute photos! I love that express cardigan - I need one like it! Love the boots and scarf as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely, adorably, cute! Enough -ly descriptive words, there.

    I think the best places to take photos INSIDE is where there's natural light. Not to state the obvious, but make sure the light is hitting you, not pointing AT the camera. or you can just go outside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all!

    I'll try the natural light next time and possibly the zoom buttom may help too? I'm technologically challenged, so wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for some over the knee boots and those are super cute! If anyone leaves you any tips to make blog pictures bigger let me know cause I want to make mine larger.

    http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete